Reopening Update – 5/31/2020
After months of planning, training, equipment purchases, and preparing enhanced safety measures, we are ready to announce that we will resume seeing patients beginning on Monday, June 15, 2020. As we begin scheduling appointments, we will prioritize emergency care and patients who have ongoing treatment. We hope that the information contained here provides the necessary information that you need to determine when the time is right for you to return to Westlake Hills Dental Arts.
Your dental health and safety as well as the safety of our staff is our top priority and as a result, you may notice some changes related to your next appointment:
- When scheduling appointments, our office will reach out to you before your appointment to ask health screening questions. These questions will also be asked again at your appointment.
- We ask that all patients arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their appointment start time. From your car, we will have you either call or text our office phone number 512-328-0155 when you are ready to enter the office. We will let you know as soon as we are ready for you to come in. We will do our best to insure that you are not kept waiting.
- Touchless thermometers will be used to take your temperature upon arrival to our office and we also ask that you use hand sanitizer upon entering our office.
- We have increased the time between appointments to help with social distancing.
- Advanced medical air filtration systems and protective barriers have been installed in critical locations throughout the office.
- Touchless paper towel dispensers have been installed in relevant locations throughout the office to ease hand washing and sanitation needs.
- You may be asked to do a pre-procedural mouthwash prior to the start of treatment.
- At this time, we will not be using the movie headsets during appointments. You may want to bring your own headphones to listen to music during your appointment (in fact we encourage you to do so).
- We request that if you develop ANY cold symptoms in the 14 days after your appointment that you contact our office as soon as possible.
We would also like to provide an update on some critical changes for our staff protocols:
- Twice daily, all staff members will be required to have their temperature taken with a non-touch thermometer (once when they arrive at work and again after their lunch). Any staff member with a temperature above 100°F will be immediately sent home.
- Our staff will be wearing higher levels of protective equipment. During procedures, our staff will wear N95/KN95 masks and face shields, as well as single-use, freshly laundered operating gowns. These will be replaced between each patient.
- Staff members will be abiding by strict sanitation protocols before, during, and after any patient interaction and at all other times as well. We will be sanitizing with the goal of keeping our operatories clean like a hospital clean-room. Common areas will be routinely sanitized.
- Staff members will strive to follow safe protocols and social distancing outside of the office.
Throughout June and July we will continue to adhere all enhanced safety and sanitation protocols. It is likely that this process will continue for quite some time and will be contingent upon our own and expert risk assessment as to the spread of COVID-19 cases throughout Texas and our country. We also ask that all patients abide by the following criteria:
- All patients will be required to wear a mask to their appointment. We will provide a mask free of charge to any patient in need.
- All patients will be asked to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their appointment start time to allow time for our screening process. This screening process will be a verbal screening completed by a member of our front office and will include inquiry of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, feeling feverish, loss of taste, muscle pain, and determination of contact with confirmed positive persons with COVID-19.
- Only the patient receiving a service will be permitted to enter. At this time, additional guests, including children or parents will not be allowed.
- We ask patients to minimize bringing any unnecessary personal items to their appointment and to minimize their interaction with their cell phone as possible.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience that these new precautions may impose, however, we are extremely confident in the protocols we have established at Westlake Hills Dental Arts. Your health and safety are our top priority. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at (512) 328-0155. If you reach our answering service, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We thank you for remaining our patient through this difficult time.
Looking forward to seeing you soon,
Dr. Richard Jones and the staff at Westlake Hills Dental Arts
Welcome to the Office of Dr. Richard Jones, Westlake Hills Dental Arts where fine art and dentistry are one.
At Westlake Hills Dental Arts, we believe that if we provide exceptional service, success will follow. Our experienced and world class staff will keep you at ease as we work to create and maintain your healthy smile.
We won’t try to sell you services that you don’t want. We like to maintain an environment that is enjoyable and low stress.
Schedule your complimentary consultation today!
Our office is a PPO provider for Cigna, Sunlife, and Assurant.