Reopening Update 5/8/2020
To our dear patients:
We are eager to return to providing you and your families with comprehensive dental care. Currently, we anticipate reopening in either the last week of May or the first week of June. This date may be changed depending on any changes in the COVID-19 pandemic and its spread.
Your dental health and safety as well as the safety of our staff is our top priority. We ask that if you have experienced cold or flu-like symptoms in the 2 weeks prior to your appointment that you give us a call so that we may reschedule you at a later date.
Additionally, we would like to reiterate our commitment to exceeding the infection control recommendations set by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA), and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA). Our staff has undergone extensive training to insure that these recommendations are always exceeded. After every patient, medical grade disinfectants are used on every surface throughout our operatories. We have also extended this high standard of care and infection control to our non-clinical areas as well, including our waiting area, restrooms, and front office.
You may notice some changes at your next appointment:
- Our office will reach out to you before your appointment to ask screening questions. These questions will also be asked again at your appointment. We request that if you develop ANY cold symptoms in the next 14 days after your appointment that you contact our office as soon as you possibly can.
- To ensure social distancing between patients, we may ask that you remain in your car prior to your appointment and we have also increased the time between appointments. We will do our best to insure that you are not kept waiting.
- Touchless thermometers will be used to take your temperature upon arrival to our office and we also ask that you use hand sanitizer upon entering our office. We ask that you wear a mask to your appointment. If you do not have one, we will provide you with one at no charge.
- Advanced medical air filtration systems have been installed in various locations throughout the office. Additionally, protective barriers have also been placed at certain critical locations throughout our office.
- Elevated levels of personal protective equipment (PPE) for staff members.
We are confident in the protocols we have established at Westlake Hills Dental Arts. Your health and safety are our top priority. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at (512) 328-0155. If you reach our answering service, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We thank you for remaining our patient through this difficult time.
Looking forward to seeing you soon,
Dr. Richard Jones and the staff at Westlake Hills Dental Arts
Welcome to the Office of Dr. Richard Jones, Westlake Hills Dental Arts where fine art and dentistry are one.
At Westlake Hills Dental Arts, we believe that if we provide exceptional service, success will follow. Our experienced and world class staff will keep you at ease as we work to create and maintain your healthy smile.
We won’t try to sell you services that you don’t want. We like to maintain an environment that is enjoyable and low stress.
Schedule your complimentary consultation today!
Our office is a PPO provider for Cigna, Sunlife, and Assurant.